Fortnite lets you play with your friends as a duo and squad. But sometimes it becomes annoying when you get tons of invites from your friends. Here, I will show you how to appear offline in Fortnite on PC, Xbox, and PS4.
Change Party Privacy Settings in Fortnite
This is a survival game where you have to kill all the opponents and be the last person to win. You can play this game with your friends as a solo, duo, or team up as a squad. Fortnite allows you to add your game friends so you can invite them to your game to play together.
Additionally, you also get invites from your friends but it becomes too much frustrating when you start getting dozens of invites at the same time. In this situation, you can change your Fortnite Party Privacy settings to Private and you can easily appear offline on the Fortnite game.
If you don’t know how to change party privacy settings and appear offline in the Fortnite game, then follow the below steps.
How to Appear Offline in Fortnite?
Appearing offline on Fortnite is an in-game option and you have to just change the Party Privacy to Private and turn off the Notify Friends option. So when you become online, your friends will not be notified.
However, many users can’t find the desired settings, so here are some easy steps that will help you to appear offline in Fortnite.
- Open the Fortnite game on your PC.
- Navigate to the home screen and there you can see the three horizontal icons.
- Select Settings (gear icon).
- There you can see the option of “Online Status“.
- Click on that and choose the “away” option.
- Change the Party Privacy to “Private“.
- Finally, Turn off the “notify friends”.
- That’s it!! You are all set to play the Fortnite game on your PC without appearing online.
For Xbox Users:
- Launch the Fortnite game on your Xbox gaming console.
- Now press the “options” button of your controller to open the game options.
- Navigate your controller to the Settings option and press the “A” button.
- There you can see a small options menu, simply press the “Y” button on the Online status.
- Choose the “away” option and press the “A” button.
- Change the Party Privacy to “Private” as well and toggle off the “notify friends”.
- Open the Fortnite game and open the game options by clicking the “X” button.
- Highlight the Settings option and press the “Triangle” button.
- Now a small menu option will be visible on your screen.
- Press the “X” button on the Online status.
- Select the “away” option and press the “X” button.
- Finally, change the Party Privacy to “Private” and turn off the “notify friends”.
Now you can play Fortnite game solo or with your favorite ones and no one will find out whether you are online or not.
So this was all we know about How to Appear Offline in Fortnite on PC, Xbox, and PS4. However, you can skip sign-in and enable offline browsing on your PC while launching the game via Epic Launcher. This will let you play the game anonymously.
I hope you like this article, and the above methods will help you to appear offline while playing the Fortnite game and you will not receive more invites anymore.
If you have any queries regarding this, feel free to ask us via below comment section.