Did you recently download an app from the Downloader tool on FireTV, and when you open it, you see an error saying “No App Found to Handle This File”? This error can be caused if the system is unable to read the file type such as file.bin.
The older versions of the Amazon FireStick were unable to handle the APK files as they were not built to install any apps from third-party applications. But the new generations of FireTV support all types of APK files and you can easily install them on your FireStick.
But if you are still getting the No App Found to Handle This File error while installing any app from the Downloader app, then here are some working methods to fix this issue.
How to Fix Downloader – No App Found to Handle This File on FireTV?
It is recommended that you should update both Downloader and FireStick to fix such types of errors. As the new generations of FireTV support all types of APK files, if you are unable to install any app, then you should rename the file extension as .apk.
As an example, if you have downloaded any app which looks like – file.bin, then you should rename its name to file.apk. Once you change the file extension name to .apk file, it will be easily installed on your FireTV.
If you don’t know how to rename a file name and its extension, then follow the below steps:
Rename the File Name and its Extension on FireTV.
- Press the “Home” button on the remote of your FireTV.
- Search for “ES File Explorer” and download it.
- Install and open the ES File Explorer.
- Allow ES File Explorer to access files, photos, media, etc.
- Once the app opens, choose the “Internal Storage” option and open it.
- Go to the “Downloader” folder in which you have downloaded the app that is not installed.
- Now look for the downloaded app that contains the .bin extension. (Whenever you download any app, it should end with.apk extension. But if it contains any other extension such as .bin or anything else, then it should be renamed to .apk in order to install.)
- Select the file and hold down the OK button to see options.
- Choose the Rename options, a pop-up will appear on your screen.
- Now you have to rename the file extension to .apk and it should look like file.apk
- Don’t change the name of the app, you have to only rename its extension.
- Now save the changes and you can see the downloaded apk with its icon appearing in the downloader folder.
- Finally, select the app and there you can see the Install button.
- Install the app and start enjoying it!
By changing the file extension to .apk file, you can easily install any app on your FireTV. So this is all about How to Fix Downloader – No App Found to Handle This File on FireTV. I hope you like this article, and if you find such type of issue again, you can easily handle this by changing its extension.
If you like this article, then don’t forget to share it with your friends. Moreover, if you have any queries regarding this, then feel free to ask us via below comment section.
Visit our website daily for more FireTV guides.
Recommended for You: