So you made a plan today to play Monster Hunter: World game on your PC but while launching the game, you got a fatal error appearing on your screen “ERR11: Invalid DXGI Call”. This is not annoying if you see errors while installing and playing new games but if you are unable to fix this issue, I am here to help you.
In this article, I am going to tell you how you can Fix the fatal error “ERR11: Invalid DXGI Call” in Monster Hunter World. So read the article carefully, and you will get a working method to fix this error.
Causes of ERR11: Invalid DXGI Call.
Monster Hunter: World is a full-action pack role-playing game available for many platforms like Xbox, PS4, or PS5, and this game is also available for Windows versions too. But, Recently many windows users reported that they are seeing an error while launching the Monster Hunter: World game.
Also Read: How to Fix Dead by Daylight 8012 Error Code?
However, this error appears on the PC screen while opening the game and you will say a message that says:
Fatal error. ERR11: Invalid DXGI Call.
After seeing this error, the first question that comes to your mind is why you are seeing this error. ERR11: Invalid DXGI Call is an error message that can appear while playing the game Monster Hunter World. This error is typically caused by issues with the graphics driver or DirectX.
How to Fix ERR11: Invalid DXGI Call in Monster Hunter World?
This error may have occurred because you have changed the game’s graphics settings or the steam overlay is preventing the game from rendering content. DirectX can be the issue of this error so here we will let you know all the possible ways to fix this error.
1. Set Graphics Preference to High.
Changing graphics preference to high-performance might fix this issue. You can set the Graphics preference to High by making a change in graphics settings. Just follow the below steps and you can do it easily.
- First of all, Open the settings of your Windows.
- Search for graphic settings.
- Now choose the MHW.exe from the list to set preference.
- Click it once and choose options.
- On the set graphic preference option, there you can see 3 choices (power saving, default, or high performance.)
- Choose high performance and Save.
- That’s it!! This step will fix all the graphic error instability and you can enjoy your game.
2. Disable DirectX12.
DirectX can be the cause of this error so you will need to disable it from the game installation folder. If you don’t know how to do this, follow the simple steps given below.
- Go to the installation directory file of the Monster Hunter: World game.
- Locate to the graphics_option file.
- Right-click on it and select Edit.
- Now search for the DirectX12Enable and change it to DirectX12Enable=Off.
- Click on the save changes and close the file.
- Hurray!!! Now you can play your game without getting any errors.
3. Delete the graphics_options.ini file from the game folder.
If nothing is working for you then you should delete the graphics_options.ini file from the game folder. This method will work if you have made any changes to your game’s graphics settings.
- Navigate to the game folder and search for the graphics_options.ini file.
- This can be found within the game folder and delete this file.
- Now restart your PC and play the game.
Recommended Read: Halo Infinite: How to Change Party Privacy Settings
4. Disable steam overlay.
The steam overlay can also misbehave with the graphics or game from rendering UI and 3d environment. You need to disable it so the game can not get crashed and you can play your game without getting any errors.
- Go to your Steam library.
- Right-click on Monster Hunter: World and choose Properties.
- Navigate to the General tab and make sure that Enable the game steam overlay while in the game is unchecked.
If you are using any mods or applications like Special K then it is recommended that you should delete the mods or applications. This can lead to a game crash and ERR11 can appear on your screen.
Q: What causes the ERR11: Invalid DXGI Call error in Monster Hunter World?
A: This error is typically caused by issues with the graphics driver or DirectX. It can also be caused by problems with the game’s configuration or by other software conflicts.
Q: How can I fix the ERR11: Invalid DXGI Call error in Monster Hunter World?
A: Some potential solutions include:
- Updating your graphics driver to the latest version
- Reinstalling DirectX
- Running the game as an administrator
- Verifying the game files
- Disabling any background software that may be causing a conflict with the game
- Lowering the game’s graphic settings
- Running the game in windowed mode
- Closing unnecessary background process
Q: How do I update my graphics driver?
A: To update your graphics driver, you can visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer (i.e NVIDIA, AMD, Intel) and download the latest driver for your specific model and operating system.
Q: How do I reinstall DirectX?
A: To reinstall DirectX, you can do the following:
- Download the DirectX end-user runtime web installer from Microsoft’s website
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions
Q: What do I do if the error persists?
A: If the error persists after trying the above solutions, you may want to try contacting the game’s support team for additional assistance.
So these are some recommended ways to Fix ERR11: Invalid DXGI Call in Monster Hunter World. I hope these methods will help you to fix the error and you can play your game.