Watching movies and tv shows is the best option for weekends, and if you have HBO Max then you can stream many exclusive contents. But what to do when you see the “Can’t Play Title” error while starting any video on HBO Max?
Don’t worry! This article will guide you on how to fix HBO Max “Can’t Play Title” Error whether you are getting this error on your Android, iOS, TV, or PC.
What Causes Can’t Play Title” Error in HBO Max
This platform has a wide range of original and premium content along with additional content licensed through third-party distributors.
HBO Max can be easily streamed on your Android, and iOS phones as well on Smart TV & PC. But lots of users are experiencing an error when they try to play any movie or video, it says “Can’t Play Title. We’re having trouble playing this video. Please try again later.”
This error can be caused by several reasons like server issues, slow internet connection, outdated software, crashed data, and cache. Moreover, HBO max is currently available in fewer regions and only for compatible devices.
How to Fix HBO Max “Can’t Play Title” Error on Android, iOS, TV & PC?
1. Check if your device is supported by HBO Max.
The HBO Max app works with most Android, iOS, web browsers, and Smart TV devices. But if you are using an unsupported device or platform, then you can encounter the Can’t play title error while streaming any content on HBO Max.
Currently, HBO Max is supported for fewer TV devices such as:
You can see the full list of devices that supports HBO Max here. If your device is not listed then you can’t use the HBO Max and thus “Can’t Play Title” error will appear on your screen.
2. Check your Service Area.
HBO Max has limited their services to fewer regions such as the United States, and some U.S. territories such as American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and select countries in Latin America, Europe, etc.
If you are trying to access the HBO Max contents outside the US, then you can expect the HBO Max “Can’t Play Title” Error.
3. Turn Off the VPN.
Many users prefer to access HBO Max content outside the US by connecting to any VPN Network. But there is no advantage of this trick as the server easily detects the location.
When you play any movie or tv show on HBO Max by connecting to any VPN network, you can see the Can’t Play the Title error. So it is recommended that you should turn off your VPN and try to connect to the network again.
4. Clear Data and Cache of the HBO Max.
If the error is still popping up on your screen, then you should try to delete the cache and data of the HBO Max app. Here I will show you how to delete the data and cache of HBO Max on Android, iOS, FireTV, and Roku.
- Open Settings of your phone and go to “Apps“.
- Now tap on “Installed apps” where all your apps are installed on your phone.
- Then look for the HBO Max app and click on that.
- Now Tap on the Force Stop option.
- Click on Internal Storage and then clear data and cache.’
- Go to the Settings of your Apple device.
- Click on your “Apple ID Profile” tab and select “Manage Storage” from the i-cloud sub-menu.
- Scroll down below and find the HBO Max app.
- Now disable and delete the data of the app.
On FireTV and Roku:
- Go to “Settings” on your Firestick or Roku.
- Choose “Applications“.
- Select “Manage Installed Applications“.
- Choose the “HBO Max” app.
- Now select the “Force Stop” option from the list.
- Select the “Clear data” and “Clear cache” options.
5. Restart your Device.
Once you clear the data and cache of HBO Max, Restart your Android, iOS, FireTV, SmartTV, and Roku devices. After restarting your device, open the HBO Max app.
Now it will ask you to log in to your account. Enter your account credentials to log in to the HBO Max app. Once logged in, try to play any video and you can see that the HBO Max “Can’t Play Title” Error has been fixed and you can enjoy your movie.
6. Delete Browser Cache and Cookies.
If you are trying to watch HBO Max content on their official website, then here is a working solution for you. Make sure that you are using an Android emulator to stream HBO Max.
HOB Max allows its users to watch content on their official website. However, if you are experiencing a can’t play title error on your PC, then you should try to delete your browsing data, cache, and cookies.
Your browser might have stored the outdated cache and as a result, you are seeing this error and a black screen.
To delete your browsing data, cache, and cookies:
- Go to your Browser’s Settings.
- Click on Security and Privacy.
- Clear browsing data, cache, and cookies from there for the HBO Max website.
7. Try Another Browser.
If the error is still appearing on your screen, then maybe your browser is still loading the cached version. You should opt for a different browser, i.e. if you are using Chrome, then try Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
Moreover, you can use the Incognito tab, as it doesn’t load any cached pages and you can watch contents without any further errors.
8. Check your Internet Connection.
You can encounter HBO Max “Can’t Play Title” error due to an unstable internet connection. It is recommended that you should have an active Internet connection in order to stream HBO Max content.
If the app can’t connect to its online services, then you can expect such types of errors. If you are internet connection is not working properly then you can perform a power cycle on your WI-Fi router or modem.
Turn off your router and unplug the power cable. Wait for approx 60 seconds, then plug back the cable and turn the power button of the router.
Check the live Internet speed of your Internet connection on your PC by following the below steps.
- Open the command prompt as Administrator and type the below command.
- If you get a reply with statistics from the servers, then your connection is live.
But if your connection is not live, then try to restart your PC first.
- Forget the WiFi network > Click on the WiFi icon > Network & Internet settings. Now tap on the WiFi option and click Manage Known networks. Choose your network and tap on forget button. Restart your PC, then connect to the internet again.
9. Flush DNS to Reset the Internet Connection (PC).
- Open the command prompt on your PC as Administrator.
- Type “ipconfig /flushdns” and press Enter.
- Type “ipconfig /registerdns” and press Enter.
- Now Type “ipconfig /release” and press Enter.
- Type “ipconfig /renew” and press Enter.
- Type “netsh winsock reset” and press Enter.
That’s it!! Now restart your PC and Open the HBO Mac website. Now you can stream all the contents without any error.
10. Check for the service outage or the live servers.
Sometimes, these kinds of error codes can be caused due to a service outage or the service of this app being down. Maybe the service is under maintenance so you are getting this error. Sometimes app servers face downtime because of maintenance or any internal issue. You can check HBO Max outages reported in the last 24 hours on downdetector.com.
Conclusion: HBO Max “Can’t Play Title” Error
So these are some working methods that can help you to fix the HBO Max “Can’t Play Title” Error on your Android, iOS, Smart TV FireTV, and Roku.
Moreover, if nothing is helping you then you should try to re-install the app. Delete the app and install it again from any traditional app store such as PlayStore or App store.
You can also contact the customer support of HBO Max by visiting https://www.hbo.com/about/contact-us.
I hope you have fixed the Can’t Play Title” Error in the HBO Max app. If you have any queries regarding this, feel free to ask us via below comment section.
Recommended for You: