Are you also getting OpenGL Error 1280 (Invalid Enum) while playing the Minecraft game, then don’t worry. Here we have discussed working methods to fix Minecraft OpenGL Error 1280.
Outdated drivers of your Java Version and Graphics card can create such types of errors. Moreover, some Minecraft Mods can encounter OpenGL Error 1280 (Invalid Enum) error on your system. If you want to fix this Minecraft error, then follow the below steps.
How to Fix OpenGL Error 1280 (Invalid Enum) in Minecraft?
OpenGL Error 1280 (Invalid Enum) is an error message that can appear when playing Minecraft, it is typically caused by an issue with the game’s graphics settings or with your computer’s graphics drivers.
Updating graphics card drivers, and graphics settings, and disabling Minecraft mods one by one can fix OpenGL Error 1280 easily. However, we have mentioned all the possible ways to fix this error below.
1. Download the OPENGL32.DLL File on your PC/Laptop.
The most common reason for this Minecraft error is missing the opengl32.dll file from your computer. Many players have claimed that downloading or updating the opengl32.dll file fixed the OpenGL Error 1280 (Invalid Enum) in Minecraft. You should also try this method by following the below steps.
- Click here to download the opengl32.dll file.
- Extract the zip folder and copy the opengl32.dll file.
- Now navigate to the Minecraft installation folder.
- Head over to Runtime [the JRE Version] >> Bin.
- Paste the opengl32.dll file there. (Make sure the Minecraft Game is fully closed.)
- Restart your PC and Open the Minecraft game.
You can see the game is working fine and the OpenGL Error 1280 (Invalid Enum) is disappeared. If the error is still appearing on your screen, try the other methods below to fix this error.
2. Temporarily Disable Minecraft Mods
Some Minecraft Mods can create such types of errors and It is commended that you should temporarily disable all your Minecraft Mods to fix this error.
Related: Download Multi Pixel Texture Pack in Minecraft?
However, we don’t know about any specific Mods that can create such type of error. You will have to disable MODS from your Minecraft game one by one and check if the OpenGL Error 1280 is fixed.
You can easily disable Minecraft Mods by navigating to the Mods folder and clicking on the checkboxes beside the mods name to disable them.
After disabling all the Mods in your Minecraft game, if the OpenGL Error 1280 is still pursuing then you can enable all your Mods as they are not creating any error.
3. Update your Graphics card drivers.
Updating your graphics card drivers can fix this issue. As an outdated version of drivers on your device can’t configure with Minecraft game servers. So it is recommended that you should update all your Graphics and other drivers on your PC to fix OpenGL Error 1280 (Invalid Enum).
You can update it by navigating to your graphics card manufacturer’s website and downloading the most recent version of drivers for your graphics card.
Related: How to fix Minecraft Tlauncher an error occurred while uploading files.
Moreover, you can install DriverEasy software to detect all the missing and outdated drivers on your system. It will scan your PC and show you the all results of drivers that need an instant update and you can install them from there.
4. Disable Show GL Errors.
Do you know that you can disable show GL errors and they won’t see again on your Minecraft screen? Here’s how to do this.
1) In Minecraft, click Options.
2) Click Video Settings > Others….
3) Click Show GL Errors and turn it OFF.
4) Save the setting and restart the Minecraft game.
Now run the Minecraft game and see if it works properly.
5. Update OptiFine in Minecraft.
Are you also using the OptiFine mod in Minecraft to increase FPS and improve game performance? If yes, then maybe it is encountering OpenGL Error 1280 in Minecraft.
You should Update OptiFine for Minecraft to fix OpenGL Error 1280. Follow the below steps to do this:
1) Click here to download the latest version of OptiFine.
2) Now choose the latest version of OptiFine to download.
3) Follow the on-screen instructions to update the OptiFine Mod for Minecraft.
4) After installing make sure to restart your computer.
Now Launch the Minecraft game and check if the error has been fixed. If OpenGL Error 1280 still popping up, then you should update the Java on your computer.
6. Update Java on your computer.
Last but not the least, if the OpenGL Error 1280 is still appearing on your screen then updating Java on your PC can fix this issue.
As you all know that Minecraft requires Java files to run the game on your computer. Outdated or missing Java files can create such type errors. So make sure to update the Java files on your computer from here.
If the error still popping on your screen, then only Re-installing the Minecraft game can fix this error.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What causes the OpenGL Error 1280 (Invalid Enum) in Minecraft?
A: This error is typically caused by an issue with the game’s graphics settings or with your computer’s graphics drivers. It can also be caused by problems with other software on your computer or with your operating system.
Q: How can I fix OpenGL Error 1280 (Invalid Enum) in Minecraft?
A: Some potential solutions include:
- Updating your graphics driver to the latest version
- Changing the game’s graphic settings
- Running the game on a lower resolution
- Running the game in Windowed mode
- Changing the render distance to a shorter
- Disabling the VBOs, or other graphic options
- Disabling or removing any mods or resource packs that may be causing conflicts
Q: How do I update my graphics driver?
A: To update your graphics driver, you can visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer (i.e NVIDIA, AMD, Intel) and download the latest driver for your specific model and operating system.
Q: How do I change the game’s graphic settings?
A: To change the game’s graphic settings, you can do the following:
- Open the Minecraft launcher, go to the “Options” menu, then click on “Launch options”
- Look for the “Graphics” settings, and adjust them to your liking.
Q: What do I do if the error persists?
A: If the error persists after trying the above solutions, you may want to try contacting the Minecraft support team for additional assistance.
So these are some recommended methods to fix OpenGL Error 1280 (Invalid Enum) in Minecraft. I hope you can fix this error by following our working methods.
If you have any queries regarding this, feel free to ask us via below comment section.
Visit our website daily for more Minecraft guides and news.