While launching the Origin on PC, users can face the MSVCP140.dll & VCRUNTIME140.dll Missing or not found error.
This error doesn’t let the system launch the Origin launcher because of the MSVCP140.dll & VCRUNTIME140.dll missing files on your system. The full error message can display as either:
“The program can’t start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem“
“The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem“
“The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.“
“The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.“
How to fix Origin MSVCP140.dll & VCRUNTIME140.dll Error?
Before moving to the solutions, let me explain this error.
When you install the Origin software for the very first time on your PC, the files are saved in the
System32 folder. But when you launch Origin, it searches for the files in the
SysWOW64 folder where they are not saved.
As a result, Origin can’t find the MSVCP140.dll & VCRUNTIME140.dll files in the SysWOW64 folder and you can see this error on your screen. However, this issue can be also related to Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.
Now follow the below methods to fix this issue.
Download the MSVCP140.dll & VCRUNTIME140.dll files.
Let me clarify one thing, many users can’t launch Origin because of missing MSVCP140.dll files or VCRUNTIME140.dll files. If you are getting errors for both files, then you’ll need to download both of them. And, if you can’t launch Origin because of only one missing DLL file, then you can download only one.
- Download the msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll files. Select the latest version and click on the Download button to download both files.
- Once done, Go to
This PC > Local Disk (C) > Window > SysWOW64and paste both downloaded files.
- Now a pop-up will appear on your screen, check the box next to Do this for all current items. Click on the Continue button.
Re-install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
After pasting the MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll files in the
SysWOW64 folder, you’ll need to re-install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.
- Visit Microsoft’s official page to download Visual C++.
- Click on the Download button and a pop-up will appear on your screen.
- If using an x64-bit system, then select both vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe. If using an x32-bit system, then select the only vc_redist.x86.exe
- Once done, click on the Next button and the setup file will be downloaded to your device.
- Now launch the setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to re-install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.
After installing the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages, Restart your PC. Now launch the Origin launcher and you’ll see that it will open without any further errors.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix Origin can’ start because of MSVCP140.dll & VCRUNTIME140.dll missing files. If you have any queries regarding this, then feel free to ask us via below comment section.