We are here with another PS5 error and today we will fix the CE-100002-3 error code of PS5. When you launch any application and see “Failed to update the application”, then you have come to the right place. Here I will tell you how you can easily fix the PS5 error code CE-100002-3.
Causes of PS5 Error CE-100002-3.
Sony Playstation has become one of the best gaming consoles available for many platforms. They release updates so the users can enjoy their console without getting any errors. But sometimes, the updates are not installed successfully because of any connection error. When the updates don’t get installed completely, this leads to a CE-100002-3 error.
This CE-100002-3 PS5 error occurs while opening games or any application on PS5. When you open any application on your PS5, an error appears, saying “Failed to update the application.” It means your application is not updated successfully, and you are seeing this error. Maybe, updates are installed but they are unable to launch the application.
So, here we will know all the working solutions to fix this PS5 Error CE-100002-3.
How to Fix PS5 Error CE-100002-3?
1. Restart your PS5.
The first step to fix this error is to Restart your PS5 completely. Maybe the updates are installed and they need a reboot to launch the application again. Click the “Power button” and there you can see the “Restart PS5” option. Click on the Restart button and your PS5 will be restarted shortly.
2. Update the System software
It is recommended that you should update your system software of PS5 to fix this error code.
How to update your PS5?
- Go to Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.
- Tap Update Using Internet.
3. Update to the latest game version.
Make sure that you have the most recent variant of the game in which you are getting this error, this error occurs because of outdated content. If you have the latest variant of the application, turn off completely the game and restart your PS5.
4. Delete the saved data on PS5.
If you are getting the CE-100002-3 error in any game, then you can delete the saved data of the game. Many players reported that they fixed this issue by deleting the data.
- First of all, Close the Game completely in which you are getting the CE-107938-8 error.
- Now go to settings and Tap on Storage from the several lists.
- Click on System Storage and then choose Saved Data.
- There you will see all the games list, now select the affected game.
- You will see two files there, delete both saved data files. (You may lose your saved Comapigns by doing this.)
After deleting both save data, Restart your PS5, open the game and you will see that the error has disappeared.
5. Delete the application and reinstall it.
If you are unable to fix this error, then sadly at last you will have to delete and reinstall the application.
How to delete and reinstall the game on PS5?
- Go to Settings > Storage
- Choose the game and reinstall it.
5. Contact PlayStation customer support
Contact the customer support of PlayStation either they have any solution for that or they may replace your PS5. Visit the PlayStation Contact support from here.
So these are some recommended methods that might help you to Fix the PS5 Error CE-100002-3. For more PS5 errors and fixes you can click here.