Playing games on Nintendo Switch is fun but seeing the UI stretches on a display isn’t. You can’t clearly see the interfaces (inventory screen, map screen) and other options of the game. So you need to adjust and change the screen size on your Nintendo Switch as well as on your TV.
Why is my switch screen zoomed in?
There are many games on Nintendo Switch that will be more enjoyed on a big screen. But when you plug your switch console into any HDTV, it ends up with an overstretched screen and you can’t see the important interfaces of the game.
Your Switch screen can zoom in or overstretch on any TV because of incorrect video settings. Many TV has universal video settings that can easily adapt to any screen size and you can easily play your games.
But some devices have a different display ratio mode that needs to be adjusted manually in both the TV and Nintendo Switch. Once you set the correct screen size of your Nintendo Switch TV, it will display everything on your screen.
So without wasting any more time, let’s dive into how to change the screen size on Nintendo Switch TV.
How to Change Screen Size On Nintendo Switch TV?
First of all, connect your Nintendo Switch to your TV with the help of an HDMI port. If the interfaces are overstretched, cropped, and don’t fit on the TV screen size, then it should be changed on your Switch’s settings and your TV as well.
Don’t worry, here we have mentioned both ways to adjust screen size on Nintendo Switch and TV.
ON Nintendo Switch:
- Select System Settings from the HOME menu.
- There you will see a menu on your left-hand side. Scroll down below and select TV Settings.
- TV Resolution. This can be set to:
- RGB Range. This can be set to:
- Full Range
- Limited Range
- Adjust Screen Size: Click on it and you will see an on-screen instruction to manually increase and decrease the screen size. Start adjusting your screen size until you correct the display size. Once you find the correct screen size, select the OK button and the changes will be saved.
If the screen is still stretching, then you can fix it on your TV by changing the screen size.
Your TV settings may differ from others, but the options will remain the same. So try to locate the correct settings in your TV and follow the below steps to adjust the screen size.
- Open the Main Menu of your TV, select Settings, and press OK.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound or Picture & Display.
- Select Display or System settings.
- The Display Settings can be also found in Advanced Settings.
- Select Screen or Screen Adjustment and choose the correct screen size for your Nintendo Switch TV screen.
- Set Wide mode to Auto or Auto Wide to ON. (If available)
Moreover, you can read the guidebook of your TV or visit your TV manufacturer’s website to locate the screen adjustment settings.
By following the above steps you will be able to adjust the screen size on your Nintendo Switch and TV. After changing the screen size, you can clearly see all the interfaces and enjoy your Nintendo game.
If you have any queries regarding the screen size reduction on Nintendo Switch TV, then feel free to ask us via below comment section.
More Nintendo Guides:
- Fix 2002-3537 Nintendo Switch Error Code
- How to fix Nintendo Switch Error Code 2124-4508?
- How to Fix Nintendo Switch Error Code 2813-0998?
- Fix Nintendo Switch Error Code 2107-0445.