You tried to open Nintendo eShop on Switch but it ends up getting an error saying “Nintendo eShop cannot currently be used in your country/region.” Nintendo Switch Error Code 2813-0998 can occur while opening Nintendo eShop on Switch. However, this error can be easily fixed by changing the region of your Nintendo account.
Causes of Nintendo Switch Error Code 2813-0998?
Error Code 2813-0998 on Switch can appear while opening the Nintendo eShop. It warns that you are trying to access Nintendo eShop from a region where it is not available. Nintendo eShop is available for fewer countries and if your region is not one of them, then you can see this error on the Nintendo switch.
You can easily fix this error by changing your region on accounts.nintendo.com and selecting a region where Nintendo eShop is available such as the United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile, etc.
If you don’t know how to do this, follow the below steps.
How to Fix Nintendo Switch Error Code 2813-0998?
In order to fix the Switch Error Code 2813-0998, you’ll need a smartphone or PC/ laptop.
- First of all, Visit accounts.nintendo.com on your smartphone and PC browser.
- Now log in to your Nintendo account using your E-mail address/ Sign-in ID and Password.
- Once logged in, Hover over your Profile icon and select “Edit Profile“.
- Click on the User Info section and change your Country/Region of residence.
- Make sure to select a region where Nintendo eShop is available such as the United States, Canada, etc.
- Now click on the Save Changes button.
After updating your region, you’ll need to restart your Nintendo Switch to remedy the 2813-0998 Error code.
Press and hold the Power button at the top of the console for approx 10 seconds until the screen goes dark. You can also choose the Turn-Off option from the Power Options.
Once your Nintendo Switch restarts, login back in to your account. Now try to open the Nintendo eShop and you will see that you can easily access the eShop. Nintendo Switch Error Code 2813-0998 has been fixed and you can purchase games and other items from the Nintendo eShop without any further error.
Alternative Ways to Fix Error Code 2813-0998 on Nintendo Switch.
1. Reset the Cache on Nintendo Switch.
If the Error Code 2813-0998 is still appearing on your screen after changing the Country/ Region, then maybe your console is loading the cached version. Try to restart your device and if it doesn’t fix the error, You will need to reset the cache of your Nintendo switch.
To reset the cache, follow the below steps:
- Navigate to System Settings from the HOME Menu.
- Choose System from the several options.
- Now select Formatting Options and then choose Reset Cache.
- Select the user that you wish to clear cached data for, and select the Reset button at last.
This will delete the saved IDs, passwords, cookies, history, and other cached website data. However, your downloaded games or game save data will not be affected.
2. Check your Internet Connection.
Make sure to check your Internet connection is still active and working fine. Maybe the internet connection is not active and it is stopping Nintendo Switch to connect its online services and as result, you can’t access the Nintendo eShop.
You should reset your Internet connection or you can perform a power cycle on your WI-Fi router by turning off your router and unplugging the power cable. Wait for approx 60 seconds, then plug back the cable and turn the power button of the router.
If the Nintendo Switch Error Code 2813-0998 is still popping up on your screen, then you should change the DNS settings too. You can change the DNS settings of your Nintendo Switch console by following this page.
More Switch Errors: