Google introduced Dark Mode for Android 10 and above to reduce power usage and improve visibility. Users can easily enable dark themes for all the apps and Android system UI. However, you can enable dark mode for Google Play Store too, but many users are saying that they can’t see the dark mode option in Google Play Store settings.
If you also can’t see the Dark Mode option in your Google Play Store settings, then don’t worry here I have mentioned some working methods to fix this error.
How to Enable Dark Mode in Google Play Store?
You can enable dark mode in Google Play Store to download and install apps in a low-light environment. Dark Theme relaxes your eyes and reduces power consumption as well.
Follow the below steps to Enable Dark Mode in Google Play Store:
- Open Play Store on your smartphone and tap on the Profile icon on the top-left corner of your screen.
- Click on Settings > General>Theme.
- Now choose the Dark option to enable the dark theme for the play store.
- You can also choose the System Default option so whenever you enable Dark Mode of your Android Device, the play store will open in dark mode too.
But what to do when you only want to enable Dark Mode for Google Play Store but can’t see the options to enable it. Don’t worry, you can fix this error by following the below steps.
Why Can’t I See Dark Mode Option in Google Play Store Settings?
The answer to this question is quite simple, either your phone doesn’t support dark mode or Google play store is facing some issues while enabling dark mode. I will guide you on how you can enable dark mode options in Google Play store settings.
1. Update your System Software.
Make sure that your Android device is updated to its latest version. You can easily update your device by navigating to Settings>> System Update.
Check if there is any pending update, if yes then download and install the update by connecting to a WiFi network. After installing the updates, restart your device.
Now enable dark mode for your Android device and check if it is working fine with Play Store as well.
2. Force Stop and Uninstall Updates for Google Play Services.
Newly installed updates for Google Play Services might misbehave with your System settings. As a result, you might not see the Dark Mode Option in Google Play Store settings.
So it is recommended that you should force stop and Uninstall the updates for Google Play services.
- Go to your Phone’s Settings.
- Navigate to the Installed apps page.
- Look for Google Play Services and click on it.
- Hit the Force stop and Uninstall Updates options.
- Restart your device.
That’s it!! Now open Google Play Store settings and navigate to General>Theme. There you can see the Dark Mode option, make sure to enable it for the dark theme on the play store.
3. Clear data and cache of Google Play Store.
If you are still unable to see Dark Mode Option in Google Play Store settings, then you should clear the data and cache of the Play Store.
Outdated cache and data might be unable to update the Play Store settings and as a result, you are not seeing the dark mode option.
Follow the below steps to clear the data and cache of the Google Play Store.
- Open your Phone’s Settings.
- Go to the Installed apps page.
- Look for Google Play Store and click on it.
- Hit the Force stop option.
- Tap on Internal Store.
- Hit the Clear data and Clear cache options.
- Open the Playstore and enable dark mode.
So these are the full steps to enable dark mode in the Google Play store. By following the above methods, you will be able to see Dark Mode Option in Google Play Store settings.
If you have any queries regarding this, feel free to ask us via below comment section.
If this article helped you, make sure to share it with your friends.